Monday, September 28, 2009

The Steelers fly out of the gate 3-0

Wait, what? You're telling me the Steelers blew two fourth quarter leads, allowing inferior offenses to shred through last year's #1 overall defense, in the games waning seconds? No way Jeff Reed misses two lead changing field goals, right? Hard as it may be to believe, the defending champions have started out their super bowl defense with a disappointing effort, landing them in 3rd place in the AFC North with a record of 1-2.

As rough as it has been on the Steeler faithful these past two weeks, there is absolutely no reason for any one to panic unless, of course you're one of the teams on the Steelers' remaining schedule. Listen, I've heard it all in the past two weeks; The Steelers have no run game, the defense isn't making big plays, Tomlin and Arians have been making careless decisions, Holmes is dropping passes , Reed has lost his edge oh and my personal favorite; the O-line is weak! OK, everybody calm down now A: Didn't the Steelers win the Super Bowl with no offensive line and a below average run game? B: Anyone who doesn't trust that this defense will work out the kinks should consider picking up a new hobby, because clearly football is not you're forte. C: The return of troy Polamalu lingers and D: Big Ben "nuff said."

There is no excuse for dropping games to the Chicago Bears and the Cincinnati Bengals in consecutive weeks, but there is good news. During this flat stretch, 'flat' has been the only issue. This is a group loaded with talent that has won two of the last four super bowls. Time to panic? No. Time to buckle down? Yes. As for now the Steelers will be focusing on evening their record at 2-2 with a win over the also struggling Chargers, after which they will get Detroit and Cleveland back to back. If the Steelers keep making the little mistakes and failing to finish, it will be a long season, but the chances of that are about as slim as Brady Quinn winning MVP. To wrap things up; if it makes you feel better to panic, by all means, panic away as for me I'm going to trust the Champs.

3 comments:

  1. hey i notice you arent speeking about penn state... maybe thats becouse they lost to iowa... yeah yeah say what you wnat about pitt but at least we dont play in the slow 10... and beesides only two munths until basketball seeson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my revenge, and now I'm coming for Pittsburgh... just a few weeks until I single-handedly beat the Steelers thanks to my Wrangler jeans and my TV from Sears. You better fear Favre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, you cannot possibly be serious with that many spelling errors? That goes for you too, Ben. Because I do not understand what I'm reading means I can see every little mistake.

    ReplyDelete